Discover The Difference That Nature Makes: The Mevagissey Soapery is based on the South Coast of Cornwall. With over 13 years in the industry, All of our Cold Pressed Soaps are handmade using Natural Vegetable Oils, Natural Butters and Cornish Spring Water. These are then blended with Natural Clays, Botanicals, Herbs and Essential Oils. All of our Cold Pressed Soaps are FREE from Artificial Colourings and Fragrances, They do NOT contain Parabens, SLES or Sodium Lauryl Sulphates and each Soap is created and wrapped by hand and it takes between 4 and 6 weeks to make each batch of soap from the start of the process to the soap finally reaching our customers. The Skincare and Personal Care range of products has something for everyone. From Mother and Baby to The 21st Century Man. These products are created using Natural Clays, Oils and Butters. With plant derived extracts and pure essential oils. Again without Ingredients such as Aluminium, Petroleum and Phthalates to name but a few. Here at The Mevagissey Soapery, we believe that "We should treat your skin, as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, We wouldn't pollute our countryside, so why pollute your skin!"

All of our products are packaged in fully recyclable packaging, We only ship our products in recycled boxes. Every product is made using as little machinery as possible, thus reducing the need to over use energy. Our Cornish Honey and Beeswax is supplied by 10 hives within a 20 mile radius of our workshop and the Cornish Spring Water is supplied by a company on the edges of Bodmin Moor, Taking its water from a natural spring on the edge of the moor..


The Mevagissey Soapery are committed to being an environmentally friendly company and supplying our customers with the most ethical and environmentally friendly products, that we can. 

That is why by 2019 we have reduced our plastic product packaging by 90%, The remaining 10% is either bio-degradable, recyclable or reusable.

We have removed Palm Oil from all of our products and We our products have always been FREE from SLS, SLES, PARABENS and MICROBEADS. (Even our Glitter is Bio-Degradable)

80% of all of our products are VEGAN FRIENDLY!


We started this business in 2004, trading at farmers markets and craft fairs, we subsequently increased our range of products and changed our business model. In 2012 We opened our first bricks and mortar shop, relocating in 2014 to our current location in Mevagissey, Cornwall. All of our products are handmade in our shop in Mevgissey, Cornwall, Led by our chief soapmaker, Laurinda Taylor.


The Mevagissey Soapery is based in Mevagissey, Cornwall, a small working fishing village located on the South Cornish Coast. since early 2017, there has been an emphasis on reducing single use plastic. Focused mainly on Drinks Bottles, Straws and Catering Waste. 

The Mevagissey Soapery looked at its own products and What we could do to help reduce single use plastic from our product ranges. Read on to see how you can help us reduce Single use plastic getting into our oceans.

WE HAVE NOW REDUCED 90% of our plastic packaging....

AND INSTORE you can now refill your Bath Soaks, Shampoo/Shower Gels and Hand and Face Washes.. Reducing Even More Waste Packaging!

Don't Want Your Soaps Wrapped...NO PROBLEM!

Helping To Save The Oceans One Product At A Time!