We all deserve to treat ourselves to a Spa Day, but getting around to it might be a different matter, what with busy work schedules, school runs, house work etc.... I know i've made that promise to myself and you'd think me being in the Skincare and Soap Making business i would be more likely to do it.... but no, I think the last time i treat myself to a full spa day, facial, massage and hair was about 12 years ago if not slightly longer. But I have found away around it, yes i know nothing beats going to an actual Spa or Beauty Salon but a Facial is a Facial no matter how we get it... So here are some easy steps, to treat yourself in the comfort of your own home, in between School runs and doing the dishes.
- Wash your Face thoroughly, using a Mild soap or Cleansing Cream
- Clean your face, using an astringent to remove any dead skin cells, soap or cleaning cream residue
- Nourish your face using a face mask, Cover the skin with a light even covering, avoiding the area around the eyes, Now RELAX, If find sinking back into a warm bubble bath, with a good book or just some candles burning, is perfect for me. Choose a mask with ingredients that are best for your skin type, I normally use a dead sea mud & green clay mixture for my skin. Leave the mask on for 15 - 20 minutes, Try not to talk or move your face, too much.
- Rinse your face thoroughly with warm water and pat dry with a soft towel
- Now Steam your face to clean out your pores, use a large bowl or sink full of hot water, If you want to add herbs to your hot water, even better, Now Dont worry if you dont have a well stocked Apothecary, you can nip down to the supermarket and pick up some herbal tea bags, or hopefully in the next couple of months youll be able to buy them from us, any way i digress.. You can use Chamomile, Calendula or Lavender for Normal Skin, Peppermint, Nettles or Lemon for Oily Skin and for Dry Skin Rosemary, Dandelion or Rose. Make a tent using a large bath towel, and lean over the water for 10 - 15 minutes to open your pores.
- Rinse thoroughly, starting with warm water then slowly changing to cold water, to slowly clean and close the pores.
- Moisturise your face with a light cream, massage the cream or lotion onto your face and allow it to soak in.
- Now your ready for what ever life throws at you.